Summer is for fun, relaxation, cookouts and entertaining with family and friends. It's a great time of year to be outside and enjoying life. While enjoying your time entertaining, add a signature drink to your menu to serve to your guests during those warm summer days. See below for a few fun cocktails that are easy to make and your guests are sure to enjoy.
Unlike heavier sangria drinks you may have had in cold weather months, this one has light flavors with just enough sweetness to keep you cool and quench your thirst.
- 1 bottle Moscato
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 lime (sliced thin)
- 2 cups watermelon (cubed)
- 2 cups pineapple (cubed)
- Lemon lime soda (for serving)
- Mix the Moscato and the brandy together in a pitcher, blending them together thoroughly. Add two-thirds of the lime, watermelon and pineapple (save some for drink glasses), then stir.
- Pour some lemon lime soda into a glass, add ice cubes and a few pineapple and watermelon cubes, plus lime slices for garnish. Pour the sangria mixture into the glass, then serve with a brightly colored fun paper straw.
Bring the feel of the ocean and beach to your house with this refreshing cocktail.
- 1.5 oz coconut rum
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- Splash of Blue Curacao
- Pour the rum, juice and Curacao into a cocktail shaker, then shake for about 15 - 20 seconds.
- Add ice to a glass (a mason jar or tumbler), then pour the mixture over the ice. Give it a squeeze of lemon and add a slice for garnish (optional).
This easy recipe will please your wine drinking friends (and even your non-wine drinking friends).
- 1 cup wine
- 1 - 1/2 cups frozen fruit
- 2 cups ice
Combine all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice if needed. Serve in a wine glass with a straw and a lemon slice for garnish.
These drinks are all very easy to make - you don't have to be a bartender to make them. All of the ingredients listed above can be found at your local grocery or a liquor store like Liquor Boy. Have fun mixing up these drinks and enjoy them with your friends and family. Look at your local liquor store for other fun cocktail recipes you can make at home.
Be sure to always drink responsibly and never drink and drive.